If waxing and shaving are experiences you would like to avoid in the future, then laser hair removal may be the next best thing. However there are a few details you need to know before you plan to visit and undergo laser hair removal in Manhattan. These are simple enough but they impact the way your treatment is carried out as well as its subsequent results.
- Laser treatments are not effective on white and grey hairs. Red or light blonde hair can also prove to be undetectable by the laser equipment which could result in a failed outcome.
- Pregnant women are generally not recommended this treatment and no clinic will carry out such a procedure on them.
- A patch test before the procedure will allow you to determine how the treatment will work and how your skin will respond to it.
- You will be advised to avoid the sun for a few weeks before a laser treatment. Any change in pigmentation caused due to tanning or sun burn could adversely affect the results.
- No tweezing or waxing is permitted before your Laser hair removal New York as the hair follicle needs to be detected for the laser treatment to work.
- No creams or lotions should be applied before the procedure. It could negate the effects of the whole process.
- Most people require about 4 to 6 treatments to successfully start seeing results from the prescribed procedure.
If you understand and follow these guidelines you can go ahead and look forward to a hair- free future.